Thursday, February 20, 2014

Blue and White Toddler Girls Dress

I made this dress for Arabella in the summer, and realized that I never blogged about it.  I didn't get around to taking some pictures until the day she turned two, (in September) and the day after that we found out we were expecting our third, so I quickly felt too sick to do anything on the computer.


I used Simplicity Pattern 2461, it is a simple and easy make but I think it is a classic, pretty style, especially in an antique sort of fabric like the one I used.  I made size two and it fit her perfectly at age two- she' had a huge growth spurt and was nearly 36'' tall and 29 lb!


 Here she is in November wearing it at a Bible Assembly- I *think* it still fits her now but just barely- I'm planning to make her another one for this spring anyway!
And it looks like I have a little helper in the making!

2 comments:

  1. That's a type 2 outfit. Lol! ;) My Ilana loves to design clothing, sew and do fashionable things. She wants to make a line of modest stylish clothing for pioneers and open a boutique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet- I'm sure it would be a grand success!

    ReplyDelete