Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mishaps

I suppose with two toddlers in the house one is bound to have mishaps sooner or later, no matter how closely you supervise them.  It seems we've had a fair share lately, probably because Daniel is walking now and I am getting too slow and tired in the third trimester of pregnancy to keep up with them!

We are renting an apartment in another city, since Sam is working here temporarily and we will be living here part time for a few months.  Since we only have 2 bedrooms, it was the perfect time to start Arabella and Daniel room sharing.  Something I've been meaning to do for a long time, but never worked up the courage to try.  At night its been going great, but naps are a different story.  They just want to play together :).  So on the weekend I decided to put Daniel in the storage room/pantry.

He fell asleep right away and had a long sleep, and then I could hear him very quietly making some sounds.  I thought it was odd, as he usually babbles and screeches loudly when he wakes up.  I decided to leave him while I finished something off, and when I went in discovered the reason for the silence:


 He had grabbed bags of spices, cocoa powder, beans and ripped everything open, scattering it all over.  I don't think he liked whatever he sampled, hence the crying!

Arabella always wants Daniel to sit right next to her at the table.  She likes to feed him (even though he is capable of feeding himself) but gets very upset when he takes food off her tray, which is rather funny considering she puts whatever she doesn't like on his tray and then takes her favourites from him.  A couple of days ago I got up for literally 5 seconds to get Daniel some water and when I turned back he looked like this:


Guilty party in the background...

Poor Daniel... what little brothers have to put with!

Our toilet has been semi plugged for days since Arabella flushed a spoon down it.  She was so quick and has never done so before, so I didn't even have time to stop her, although I was right there.  Sam works nights (he is gone 13 hours a day) so he hasn't had time to clear it yet.  Arabella and I had a long talk about what does and doesn't belong in the potty.  I'm not sure she gets it though.  She also loves 'helping'- yesterday she was jumping on a bag of cocoa powder and when I asked what she was doing she said 'helping Mummy' (?!)

On the other hand she LOVES this little stroller we bought for her.  That is almost all she has played with for the past 3 days.  She loves being a little Mummy and it is such fun to peek around the corner and see her doing an exact imitation of me with Daniel.  I can't wait to see how she reacts to her new baby brother or sister.

And Daniel is growing fast- he is my handsome little man now.  I love to see him all dressed up in his Sunday clothes.


2 comments:

  1. Dove, They are getting so BIG! I loved this post. It had me laughing out loud several times. And I needed that this week. I was in your place this time last spring. Carmella was really moving and exploring her world and I could barely move. I have the wonderful advantage of having lots of older kids who can move fast, though. Keep strong. You have laid a good foundation of obedience and for that you will be so grateful, especially when number three makes an appearance in a few weeks. Daniel sure does look handsome in his worship clothes! Hugs, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat. Glad it made you laugh- we could all use something to cheer us up from time to time! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete